Machined from: Stainless Steel
Finish: Glass Beaded
Compatible with: Frames cut for a .245" radius, like STI or Brown
Not compatible with: The Wilson beavertail cut. In order to utilize our beavertail grip safety on a Springfield or Caspian frame, you will need to weld the tangs.
Our grip safety will fit the Ruger SR1911 with minimal fitting.
Through our years of experience building guns, we were able to come up with a lot of improvements over the various beavertail offerings available today. Our improvements include the following:
- Our beavertail is wider than the frame @ .770 (allowing you to the blend the beavertail to the frame, and not the other way around)
- The pin hole is reamed to .158 (improving fit and ambi's function)
- Lower bottom grip surface (no need to break into the thumb safety hole)
- Longer bottom (less gap between beavertail and main spring housing)
- Wider bottom to "fill" frame better (around .617)
- Bottom radius smaller to better fill frame radius cuts
- .308-.309 wide to fit frame ears snug (no rattles)
- The pad is fuller and blank allowing for artist's interpretation
- No pits, as the part is machined from bar stock
- Radius is .245 to better fit frames that are pre cut to .250
- Bottom angle better matches main spring housing again for less gap
This beavertail's safety arm is cut to allow for use in Series 80 1911's.
Beavertail FAQ's can be found here.
Warning: This product may be alloyed with trace amounts of lead and other elements which are known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm and cancer. To prevent exposure, do not alter the product by welding, grinding, etc. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
More Information Frame Components Beavertail Grip Safeties GTIN 841370101368
Write Your Own Review