Machined from: Heat Treated Steel
Finish: Blued Carbon Steel
Left Side Ambi Safety
Right Side Ambi Safety
.797" Hammer Pin (for narrow frames ex: .750" wide)
.807" Hammer Pin (for wider frames ex: .765" wide NOT for STI)
Use our ambi to upgrade your single sided 1911 or as a replacment for your worn out or broken ambi.
We are excited to be one of the few to offer a machined from solid steel thumb safety. We saw a need for a cleaner, more solid design as a result of consistent failures of inferior cast and MIM thumb safeties currently on the market. The only way to keep the safeties as straight as possible is to heat treat the steel and then machine it in the hardened condition. The thumb safety is serrated for better gripping capability.
Both paddles are machined from solid blocks of heat treated steel.
- We include 2 special hammer pins for frames that measure .750 to .765 wide.
- The hammer pin is also the down stop for the right paddle.
- Using our swiss screw machines, we manufacture the hammer pins, shortened flat headed .110 sear pin, and our Patent Pending sleeve. The parts are all heat treated.
- The ambi joint is machined and flat. Not tapered which tends to work out and loosen over time.
- The sleeve joins each side inside the frame tangs. The grip safety rides on the round sleeve and is not influenced when operating the safety.
- The sleeve prevents the safety from expanding where the sides join.
- The sleeve functionally makes each side longer for more secure operation and less flex.
- On the safety lug that contacts the frame on the left hand side, we machine a radius down stop instead of a pointed contact found on many safeties
- The t-slot on the right hand side prevents the safety from walking out.
- No need to relieve your right hand grips for the safety.
This thumb safety still requires fitting for proper function in your 1911 and is not a drop in part.
STI width pins are now available.
Warning: This product may be alloyed with trace amounts of lead and other elements which are known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm and cancer. To prevent exposure, do not alter the product by welding, grinding, etc. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Write Your Own Review