Welcome to the Evolution Gun Works FAQ Page!
We’ve worked hard to create a comprehensive listing of information to help you place your order as smoothly as possible.
Please have a look through our FAQ pages and responses to see if we’ve covered your question. If you require further assistance after reading the response, please feel free to contact us via telephone or e-mail.
The following are a few of our most commonly asked general questions. For more thorough answers and detailed information, please visit any of the FAQ pages listed below.
Christensen Arms FAQs
Help with Promo Code
Product Combo Discount
Series 70 Vs. Series 80
Short or Long Action?
Standard Vs. HD
Terms and Conditions
Scope Mount: 20 in/lbs
Ring Caps: 15 in/lbs
Ring Crossbolt: 65 in/lbs
Practical Rings: 20 in/lbs (Tighten Bottom First)
What's the difference between Standard scope mounts and Heavy Duty (HD)?
What's is MOA?
Our MOA Recommendations:
0 MOA Base - if shooting 0-500 yards
20 MOA Base - if shooting 500-1000 yards
Short or Long Action?
Actions vary, based upon brand. For a detailed breakdown of actions please see our Short or Long Action FAQ.
How tall is the base I will be purchasing?
Our Tactical rails measure in at .4” - .45”.
Our HD rails sit lower at .3” - . 35”.
Purchasing and Shipping FAQ
Has my order shipped yet?
98% of orders consisting of in-stock items are shipped within 3 business days. If your order is not updated and you have not received shipment tracking information within 4 business days, please contact us by phone or e-mail. Please have your order confirmation number available when you contact us.
Where is my order confirmation/shipping confirmation?
Our system automatically sends out order confirmation emails and tracking emails when the order has been shipped. If you do not see these emails in your inbox, check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder please let us know.
I’m going to order your base, are mounting screws provided with the base?
Yes, you will receive mounting screws along with a wrench. Additional sets of replacement screws can be purchased separately.
What material are your scope bases made from?
Our tactical bases are made from extruded 6061 T6 aluminum. Our HD bases are machined from solid 7075 T6 aluminum. We have a small selection of bases available in heat treated 4140 steel (the steel is machined after the heat treating). Give us a call to inquire about pricing for custom bases.
How do I place an order?
To expedite your shipment and to ensure accuracy of your information, we recommend all purchases to be made via our online store. If you have any questions or inquiries about any of our products, services or inventory, feel free to email us @ email@example.com. If you do not receive an answer within one business day, feel free to call (215) 538-1012.
Is my order in stock?
All orders for in-stock items will ship within 3-5 business days of the date of purchase, upon receipt of cleared payment (exceptions: expedited shipping requested, custom bushings, custom drill).
How will my order be shipped?
EGW, Inc. offers a variety of shipping methods. Please pick the appropriate shipping method at checkout that best suits your needs:
USPS First Class - Offered for purchases totaling under $15.00
USPS Priority Mail (Tracking Information Not Guaranteed - Delivery in 5-7 Business Days) - Offered for purchases totaling under $200.00
FedEx Ground (Delivery is based on location - can range from 1 - 7 business days)
FedEx 2day (2 Days - 1st day is 1st business day following date that order was placed, 2nd day is delivery
FedEx Priority Overnight (delivery by 12:00pm)
Free 2 (business) day shipping on orders over $80
2 Day orders placed before 2:30 P.M. EST usually ship within the same business day
2 Day orders placed after 2:30 P.M. EST typically ship on the next business day
Some days may be extra busy for us. We apologize if we aren't able to ship your order on the same business day it was placed. We have a small shipping department that processes all your orders with love.
- Orders placed Monday-Wednesday should arrive in two business days.
- Orders placed on Thursday will be delivered on Saturday in applicable locations.
- Orders placed on Friday should arrive on Tuesday. If an order is placed with FedEx 2 day and a P.O. box is set to be the recipient, the order will shipped using U.S.P.S. Priority mail and no set arrival time is guaranteed.
- Orders placed over a weekend that require expedited shipping will be shipped the next business day available.
USPS Priority Mail
Priority Mail orders usually ship within 2-3 business days after being placed.
- All custom work will take approximately 3 weeks from the date of purchase regardless of the shipping method selected.
- At this time we are unable to accommodate order add-ons. You must place another order if you require additional items.
- All updates/cancellations prior to processing of orders will be accommodated on a “per order” basis. We cannot guarantee that changes will be made before the order is shipped. Please assume that your order will be processed exactly as it is placed.
- Please allow 3 days after your order has been placed prior to contacting us for order status/tracking information. If a valid e-mail is provided with the order, tracking information will automatically be sent to the e-mail account.
AS OF APRIL 1, 2019 WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY.
- Due to ever increasing international shipping and export regulations and restrictions, we are no longer able to offer international shipping. We apologize for the inconvenience. International orders can be placed through our international distributor(s) listed below.
- We are only able to ship to US Territories, Hawaii, and Alaska. We are unable to ship internationally or to A.P.O's, D.P.O's, or F.P.O's. We are only able to accept payment from U.S. bank issued credit cards with a valid U.S. billing and shipping address.
- Any orders placed with credit cards with billing addresses outside of the U.S. or PayPal accounts with a billing address outside of the U.S. will be cancelled and refunded.
What is your return policy?
If you receive your order and you have ordered the incorrect item or you no longer need it, the item or items may be returned up to thirty (30) days after the date of purchase for a full refund of the cost of the part. Items returned after 30 days are eligible for an exchange only. Items more than 60 days after the date of purchase are non-refundable / non-exchangeable.
- We will not refund shipping costs for any order.
- A full refund will be issued on eligible orders, as long as the item has not been marked, marred, or modified in any way. We will not accept scope mounts back if they have ring or Loctite marks on them.
- Returned items do not have to be in the original packaging, but all parts of the item must be returned in order for a refund to be processed. If an item is returned and has components missing, your refund will be adjusted accordingly.
- Refunds will be issued within 3-5 business days after we receive the return, and will be processed via the method of payment that was utilized for the original purchase.
Can I exchange the item that I purchased?
If you receive your order and the incorrect item has been sent due to an error on our part, we will email a FedEx return label and once the item has been scanned by FedEx, notifying us that the incorrect item is being returned, we will send out the correct part. Please contact EGW at (215) 538-1012 and have your online order ID or invoice number ready when you call. If you ordered the incorrect part and you wish to exchange it within 60 days of the date of purchase, you will need to send the item into our office with a copy of your invoice and the part number for the part that you wish to make the exchange for. Once the item has been received by our office, we are happy to exchange the item for you. Please contact us by telephone at (215) 538-1012 if you are unsure which part you will need. You will be responsible for all shipping costs associated with the exchange.
Red Dot Mount Fitment
Our Vortex Viper / Venom plate fits:
Burris Fast Fire
UTG Reflex Micro Dot
Crimson Trace CTS-1200
Crimson Trace CTS-1300
Sightmark Mini Shot
Sightmark Core Shot
Our Delta Point Pro plate fits:
Leupold Delta Point Pro
Sig Romeo Zero
(*with Modification, the rear two locater pins on the plate must be filed off in order to allow the 407K/507K to fit.)
Our Vortex Razor plate fits:
Our Trijicon plate fits: